RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling
Sidewinders Bitspower Jab-Tech

Go Back   RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling > Gaming > Playstation 3

Old 07-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
Floyd
Floyd > *

Send a message via AIM to Floyd Send a message via Yahoo to Floyd
Default Slim PS3 rocks my socks

Wow, I was borrowing a friends launch day PS3 after fixing it from the yellow light of death for awhile but it finally just bit the bucket. Well I had grown fond of the PS3 so yesterday I got a new 120gig slim and man its so much better than the first gen consoles! QUIET and much cooler than the other one!

Anyone playing MW2 on PS3 hit me up floydam
Asus Gene Z68
2X EVGA 560ti
Watercooling: Heatkiller 560ti blocks, BIX 360, 355, XSPC Dual Bay
NZXT Vulcan
Corsair HX1000W
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Crow
Bad like yaad.

Send a message via ICQ to Crow Send a message via MSN to Crow Send a message via Skype™ to Crow

Sure, I'll add you on it later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubar from XS
Not good at all. It only has 19ft head. For the size and cost of it you could get a DDC 18W which is smaller and better.
Quote:
most here prefer manly tubing... 1/2 x 3/4
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:00 PM   #3
Silverion77
G.I. Jew

meh i still like my 4 usb slots xD

Not that i need them....they just make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Silverion77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Floyd
Floyd > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverion77 View Post
meh i still like my 4 usb slots xD
Haha I only use one so I didnt give a shit that they dropped 2 ports.
Asus Gene Z68
2X EVGA 560ti
NZXT Vulcan
Corsair HX1000W
Old 07-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #5
scraps
Doesn't like to watch

Oh man I've had my ps3 slim since launch, was best upgrade in my PS history ever. (not to mention the original popped about every chip off of it that summer)
scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
Marne
COMB YO FUCKING BEARD

Send a message via Yahoo to Marne

i recently picked up a slim 250 that came with infamous and little big planet. i picked up the god of war collection and am playing thru those 1st before i get god of war 3 and than i MIGHT touch the other two that came with the fucking thing. i slapped my 8 dollor pos KB on it and bam IM BACK ON THE FORUMS BITCHES MUAHHAHAHAH.

i do miss gaming on a console lol. im reluctant to pick up MW2 again. i bought it on steam and played thru the single player campaign. im garbage at multiplayer. only FPS i was ever good at in multiplayer was halo and that wasnt just good. i was fucking GODLY. no cheap kills neither (magic flying sword across blood gulch)

im diggin the fact that if i want to play online i dont HAVE to pay some BS ass fee every month/year. 250gb is perfect. if i ever do find my hdds (in storage since the big part out) ill throw my music on here. anyone know if you can play your OWN music while playing a game? (ala xbox) -

i like having a bluray player finally. havnt rented one yet but i wanna really SEE the difference between dvd and bluray lol. 42" 1080p tv and the niftiest thing ive played on here was vantage when i used it as a moniter for the rig.

EDIT - PSN is neto862010

hit me up fuckholes

Marne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #7
LowBrowser
Learning Liquid

Not really a fan of the new one. Basically I bought a launch console for about $1200 NZD (which back then was the price, and it ended up being close to $850 USD), simply because my PS2 broke and I still wanted to play some of those games. Then that motherfucker broke in 13 months (one month outside warranty), and the cost of repair was about 80% of a new one. So I ended up getting a slim. The slim just feels like a cheap version of the original to me. Cheap feeling buttons, matte surfaces, everything about it feels stripped down.

Still, definitely is quieter and feels cooler, if simply because the power cord can't carry as much current.
LowBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
ILikeCosmosS
Proud Poonjabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBrowser View Post
Not really a fan of the new one. Basically I bought a launch console for about $1200 NZD (which back then was the price, and it ended up being close to $850 USD), simply because my PS2 broke and I still wanted to play some of those games. Then that motherfucker broke in 13 months (one month outside warranty), and the cost of repair was about 80% of a new one. So I ended up getting a slim. The slim just feels like a cheap version of the original to me. Cheap feeling buttons, matte surfaces, everything about it feels stripped down.

Still, definitely is quieter and feels cooler, if simply because the power cord can't carry as much current.
Agreed, Slim verisions are cheap.
I am still running my nice and fat PS2 and I bought it in 2002
PS2 had so many amazing games hopefully better PS3 ones do come out
Who doesn't love the Fat PS2 you could put a 3.5inch HDD
ILikeCosmosS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
Marne
COMB YO FUCKING BEARD

Send a message via Yahoo to Marne

how is it cheap? this thing is tits. so anyway what games should i pick up? im gonna trade in Lil big planet and infamous cuz they both suck some serious butthole. infamous is fucking assassins creed meets gay lighting guy with a gayer story and lil big planet is some kiddy BULLSHIT. id like a decent racing game or something with a lil more action. i might just get FF12 or MW2. dunno. any ideas guys?

Marne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
Silverion77
G.I. Jew

U obviously dont kno platforms
Cause LBP is the shit...and #2 will be better.

Otherwise:

GoW of course
Resistance 1/2
Killzone 2
Uncharted 1/2 are awesome
ModNation Racers is pretty fun if u want something like that
Red Dead Redemption is fucking ba
FF13 is good....i didnt get far though before my bro swiped it

Silverion77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
Floyd
Floyd > *

red dead redemption and MW2 are on my list for killer games right now
Asus Gene Z68
2X EVGA 560ti
NZXT Vulcan
Corsair HX1000W
Old 07-11-2010, 07:27 AM   #12
LowBrowser
Learning Liquid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marne View Post
how is it cheap? this thing is tits. so anyway what games should i pick up? im gonna trade in Lil big planet and infamous cuz they both suck some serious butthole. infamous is fucking assassins creed meets gay lighting guy with a gayer story and lil big planet is some kiddy BULLSHIT. id like a decent racing game or something with a lil more action. i might just get FF12 or MW2. dunno. any ideas guys?
I'm not saying it's cheap in terms of money (although it's not bad by any means). It just feels cheap. If you have the two side by side, you can feel the difference, from the touch sensitive buttons to the glossy finish.

FFXII is horrible, so is FFXIII. It's very difficult to play any Final Fantasy game past IX (or at least it is for me, and even IX is pushing it). Modern Warfare 2 was very mediocre for me too. If you're looking for game recommendations, I'd try Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (the sigma is both simply meaning that they're the sum of all the parts of the initial that had to be cut for time). It is a fairly punishing game though, so if you're not out for a challenge I'd skip them. If you haven't played Brutal Legend, I just completed it, and it was pretty damned good. Lemmy, Lita Ford, Ozzy and Rob Halford all do voices in it, and it's by Tim Schafer, which is reason enough.
LowBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote