RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling
Sidewinders Bitspower Jab-Tech

Go Back   RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling > Gaming > Playstation 3

Old 12-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
jtf2
Liquid Canuck

Default PS3 dualshock controller

my wife bought me a 160gig ps3 for xmas.
set it up today.
i am so used to gaming on a pc,and i played a little killzone 2, and
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT
i was spinning in circles,walkin sideways ffs you name it.
this is gonna take this old fart some time to get used to a fuckin joystick
jtf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
Silverion77
G.I. Jew

Think similar to keyboard as the left analog stick (wasd, strafe, forward)
The right one is like the mouse and controls your view

I personally don't find it that bad, but i guess it depends what your used to

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Silverion77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
jtf2
Liquid Canuck

i know i will get used to it.thanks for the tip also
Old 12-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
Jab-tech
Preferred Vendor

Dude I am the same way, I think if you play FPS on a PC the learning curve to a console is way hard.. All I play is Gran Turismo Prologue and Fight night round 4 .. I'd love to get into Metal gear solid but can't.. Kill zone I tried for about 90 seconds and knew it wasn't for me.
Jab-tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #5
jtf2
Liquid Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab-tech View Post
Dude I am the same way, I think if you play FPS on a PC the learning curve to a console is way hard.. All I play is Gran Turismo Prologue and Fight night round 4 .. I'd love to get into Metal gear solid but can't.. Kill zone I tried for about 90 seconds and knew it wasn't for me.
killzone was one of the included games.
i will probably lean towards driving,and other sports games.
btw i see my parcel has cleared customs from you.
with any luck i get it tomorrow,otherwise not till monday.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
Silverion77
G.I. Jew

Well, Killzone is tough....even for me. Its just the style of the game. They made it feel very sluggish on purpose more or less (i mean, look at all the shit they're wearing).
Other games (for FPS) like Resistance 2, CoDs (just as an example) and others have a much better feeling.

Killzone is just...idk....weird...

But in terms of other games, there's GT5 (ofc), R/C, God of War, Final Fantasy...etc.

Silverion77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
ablatman
RRR Guru

Personally find playing games with a Playstation controller to be more difficult than with the controller for pretty much any other system I have used; it just doesn't fit my hands. My favorite controller(s) are the current and previous XBOX controllers, including both old and new from the previous generation (the big beefy motherfucker and the S).

To tell the truth, I've never really liked the Playstation line very much; Far from being a Microsoft fanyboy, I was a Nintendo fanboy (consoles made of even grade-b nintendium are far more robust/durable than their competitors...) for a long time up until a little while after the gamecube came out...

I still occasionally play games on an N64 that I've got stashed away somewhere, and believe it or not there were some games with downright awesome graphics for that system. One of my personal favorites is one of the 007 games (No, NOT Goldeneye), The World Is Not Enough; Not only are the graphics stunning (given what they had to work with), but it also has AI bots in MP.

Back to the PS3, the only time I ever saw it as something worth it's pricetag was when it was released and was the only worthwhile BluRay player, and even then I didn't like it because I preferred HD-DVD...
ablatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #8
trfnj74
Does This Taste Funny

I cant seem to ever get used to the Xbox or the PS3 controllers, I just suck at using them. I even got the logictec controller that looks like the PS3 controller to try on the PC and I still suck at it. Keyboard and Mouse for me Please.....PC is the only way to game FPS....
trfnj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
talladega
RRR Addict

If you like online shooters you may want to try Socom, if you can handle the very large learning curve of the game. It's not a FPS, but instead a Third Person Shooter, which I prefer. It's much more of a realistic shooter and as I said has a very steep learning curve. It's online only and is quite cheap (<$30 i think). Controlling your character is much better than Killzone I think. It's not sluggish and stuff like Killzone is. If you can get used to the PS3 controller you may want to try it out, if you like online play.
talladega is offline   Reply With Quote