RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling
Sidewinders Bitspower Jab-Tech

Go Back   RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling > Photography > Photo / Video Editing Software

Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #1
Martinm210
WeakSauce

Default Bibble for Raw Processing and Photoshop for editing

I shot .jpg for about a year getting used to the camera controls, but after going to a RAW processor...I'll never go back.

Maybe I'm just a shitty photographer, but I almost always want to adjust the exposure or white balance, or saturation, or something when I take pictures. RAW and a good RAW processor lets you do that to a much greater extent and without loss in quality. All those photos with burnt highlights are lost shadows are something you can usually save with RAW.

I really like these tools...let me know if you try either and have any questions.
Martinm210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
Baleful
Licentia in Rutilus

Intersting, could you post 2 pictures, 1 with .jpg, and the other RAW, so that those of us with less experience could see the difference as well?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Think you have a bad ass machine?

Join our
team and see how your machine stacks up to the rest!

Do you like addictions? Do you like spending money on hardware upgrades!? Do you like competition? If you said yes to any of this, you would make a perfect addition to our
!

Baleful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #3
Silverion77
G.I. Jew

The difference is about pre and post processing.

Raw is totally uncompressed files. When u take a photo, the cameras processor does its own compression making jpg. In RAW shooting it does absolutely nothing to the shot, leaving it to what u do yourself in photoshop or editor, but its also HUGE. It will easily cut the amt. of photos u can take in half easily.

Basically, u can change exposure, color saturation, levels much more accurately and balanced with a raw shot. Very good for "Pro" shots. Not good for snapshots cause u get the best when u play with it (unless u want to edit 400+ photos )

Silverion77 is offline   Reply With Quote