RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling
Sidewinders Bitspower Jab-Tech

Go Back   RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling > Hardware > General Hardware

General Hardware Post in the Appropriate Sub-Forum

Old 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
xmanrigger
RRR wanna be

Send a message via Skype™ to xmanrigger
Default nvidia 600M Series chips

Hey guys, anyone looking for a new lappy, be weary of anything that has a 660M, 670M, 675M, or 680M. There are no driver updates by nvidia, Asus, or anyone for that matter.

There has been leaked drivers, but kinda finicky to install and not officially supported.

Asus and nvidia are pushing it off to the other. Nvidia says go to laptop manufacturer and Asus says waiting for nvidia. This is wide spread and doesnt only affect Asus. Piss poor support on nvidia's end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
xmanrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
scraps
Doesn't like to watch

So 301.42 doesn't work with them?? That's fucked up on Nvidia's part. Good to hear, shitty for you tho. Wow just looked these up, 680M is boasting 44 fps in Unigine extreme; that is crazy. What one did you get and what driver's came preloaded?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
xmanrigger
RRR wanna be

Send a message via Skype™ to xmanrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraps View Post
So 301.42 doesn't work with them?? That's fucked up on Nvidia's part. Good to hear, shitty for you tho. Wow just looked these up, 680M is boasting 44 fps in Unigine extreme; that is crazy. What one did you get and what driver's came preloaded?
I got the G75VW with a 660M. Not sure what driver came preloaded because with anything new, who the fuck uses the driver disk or moldy factory installed drivers? I updated chipset and video from Asus site before I fucked with it. I am going to try the driver from the disk to see if it works any better. The latest driver at Asus is bunk and cant get a straight answer from them or nvidia as to when a new driver will be available.

And no, 301.42 wont install. Tried it.

xmanrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
scraps
Doesn't like to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
I got the G75VW with a 660M. Not sure what driver came preloaded because with anything new, who the fuck uses the driver disk or moldy factory installed drivers? I updated chipset and video from Asus site before I fucked with it. I am going to try the driver from the disk to see if it works any better. The latest driver at Asus is bunk and cant get a straight answer from them or nvidia as to when a new driver will be available.

And no, 301.42 wont install. Tried it.
Didn't these chips get released this week, monday? But still shity that your having issues.

scraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
FaRKle!
Liquid

I'm pretty sure some of the 600m cards are rebranded Fermi too.
FaRKle! is offline   Reply With Quote