RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling
Sidewinders Bitspower Jab-Tech

Go Back   RRTech...The SOURCE for Extreme Liquid Cooling > For Sale / For Trade Forum > FS/FT WaterCooling

FS/FT WaterCooling WaterCooling Items Only !!!

Old 03-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #26
jtf2
Liquid Canuck

this has me thinking that would it be worthwhile to use two in series with an ek dual top?

-put some info quick with martins optimizer and with a hk 3.0 block,aqua 580 block an ek classified chipset block and a hwlabs gtx480
these pumps in series would avg 1.24 gpm

with the 2 ddc3.2 in series 1.47,but it would be a hell of a lot less heat dump,approx 18 watts compared to 36!!
jtf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
xmanrigger
RRR wanna be

Send a message via Skype™ to xmanrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
this has me thinking that would it be worthwhile to use two in series with an ek dual top?

-put some info quick with martins optimizer and with a hk 3.0 block,aqua 580 block an ek classified chipset block and a hwlabs gtx480
these pumps in series would avg 1.24 gpm

with the 2 ddc3.2 in series 1.47,but it would be a hell of a lot less heat dump,approx 18 watts compared to 36!!
Yes, this is what I am faced with now if I choose to use them. I will have to double them up which is now consuming more space and throws a fuck into original config. I had originally planned on a single 355 w/top per loop (2), or going with a dual top and single loop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
xmanrigger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #28
jtf2
Liquid Canuck

i had originally used a single pump but going to the gtx480 there is quite a pressure drop compared to the tc rad,so i had the 2nd pump and top already and i am able to fit the loop fine.
jtf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #29
ablatman
RRR Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf2 View Post
The problem with most of the dual tops on the market is that they put too many corners in between the outlet of the first pump and the inlet of the second pump. Ideally, you should use two separate single-pump tops, and mount them so that they are perpendicular to each other with the outlet of pump 1 directly feeding pump 2 without any corners.
I only go for women w/ G3/8ths threads.
ablatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #30
Snyxxx
Pushing Water & Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablatman View Post
The problem with most of the dual tops on the market is that they put too many corners in between the outlet of the first pump and the inlet of the second pump. Ideally, you should use two separate single-pump tops, and mount them so that they are perpendicular to each other with the outlet of pump 1 directly feeding pump 2 without any corners.
You mean like this?

Do a search for coolmiester (yes, the one on this forum) on the internet and his DDC stock top mod from years ago. Before there were aftermarket tops, we had to drill and tap the top to get rid of the 90 turn. This mod about doubled performance.

Edit: Here is the old article:
http://coolercasesuk.co.uk/showthrea...-2-quot-Inlet&

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Snyxxx; 03-05-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Snyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #31
xmanrigger
RRR wanna be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyxxx View Post
You mean like this?

Do a search for coolmiester (yes, the one on this forum) on the internet and his DDC stock top mod from years ago. Before there were aftermarket tops, we had to drill and tap the top to get rid of the 90 turn. This mod about doubled performance.

Edit: Here is the old article:
http://coolercasesuk.co.uk/showthrea...-2-quot-Inlet&
Thanks Snyxxx, and nice mod Coolie

Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #32
ablatman
RRR Guru

Quote:
...pictures ablatman was too lazy to find...
Yes, EXACTLY like that.
I only go for women w/ G3/8ths threads.
ablatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #33
bmaverick
Liquid

Coolmiester took Lee "Robotechs" Garbutt famous DDC pump top mod and exploited it to the farthest degree for performance. Coolmiester has done help plenty to innovate pump modding over the years. Really like his work overall.

Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."
bmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #34
bmaverick
Liquid

Oh, and there are still pumps available.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #35
bmaverick
Liquid

Bumpity, bump - bump - bump. Have pumps - pumps - pumps

Old 03-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #36
bmaverick
Liquid

Arrow

Hi, it's been a few days. Need to add a bump to keep you thinking of pumps and a great deal here.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #37
xmanrigger
RRR wanna be

Thanks for the pumps bmaveric. They showed up a couple days ago. Mounting a couple of them in a XSPC dual rez.

Ya, I know. I said I would never buy anything XSPC again, but had to try the dual bay/dual ddc rez.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #38
bmaverick
Liquid

Arrow

It's been a few days. Need to bump to keeping you thinking of pumps and the great deal here.

.[/quote]

Old 04-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #39
xmanrigger
RRR wanna be

These pumps come with r4 wires and 4-pin power plugs. Can i change them to 3-pin plugs and which wires do I use?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #40
Snyxxx
Pushing Water & Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanrigger View Post
These pumps come with r4 wires and 4-pin power plugs. Can i change them to 3-pin plugs and which wires do I use?
Check out Martin's thread maverick linked earlier to see which wires are which.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/03/...-ddc-1-ddc-1t/

Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #41
xmanrigger
RRR wanna be

Quote:
Check out Martin's thread maverick linked earlier to see which wires are which.

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/03/...-ddc-1-ddc-1t/
Thanks Snyxxx. I figured out the grnd and pwr wires but wasnt sure about the other 2. #3 wire I am assuming is the rpm sensor, so I will use it and likely snip the 4rth wire. Is that a bad idea?

Also, these pumps are loud little fuckers compared to a 350 or 355. The 4-pin plugs installed on wires is flakey at best. I bought 4 pumps and the first two pumps to be fucked with have fucked plugs/pins. I tried two different 3-pin male power connectors hooked to either pump and just bumping the wire or moving it, will loose connection and pump stops. It must be the pins used because I pulled the - and + from the 4-pin and put them in a 3-pin female plug and it does same thing.
I also learned an important lesson when I bought these pumps. READ THE FUCKING POST FULLY! Had I realized what pumps these were, I likely wouldnt have bought them.
I skimmed thru Martin's link you supplied. I dont understand what he means by having "a piece of history". Why use an outdated component? I would use a 350/355 over these pumps any day. Like I said, these fuckers are loud. Hell, I can hear the pump over top of an old-ass AT PSU that is powering it. You can barely hear a 350/355. I think they will stay on the shelf. Not something I feel comfortable putting in a client machine. If I am questioning it, it has no place in this build. Fuck, I just put an order in at ncix. I guess I get to eat some shipping.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #42
Snyxxx
Pushing Water & Oil

Quote:
#3 wire I am assuming is the rpm sensor, so I will use it and likely snip the 4rth wire. Is that a bad idea?
I think I read the RPM wire reports wacky RPMs up to six times higher than usual. If you are going to hook it up to ans Aquaero or bigNG, then you could dial it in with impulses/cycle value or something meaningful like flow rate. I was thinking about getting some of these and was only going to use the RPM cable for a "heartbeat" signal and nothing more since I have a flowmeter already.

Quote:
Also, these pumps are loud little fuckers compared to a 350 or 355. The 4-pin plugs installed on wires is flakey at best. I bought 4 pumps and the first two pumps to be fucked with have fucked plugs/pins. I tried two different 3-pin male power connectors hooked to either pump and just bumping the wire or moving it, will loose connection and pump stops. It must be the pins used because I pulled the - and + from the 4-pin and put them in a 3-pin female plug and it does same thing.
Good info on the noise as I watercool for silence. Bummer! If you hold them in your hand while pumping, are they louder than a 350? Are the tops screwed on too tight and the impeller may be too tight creating noise?

Also, I figured I would snip off the wire connectors and re-do completely since it seems most pump wire connections are iffy at best.

Quote:
I dont understand what he means by having "a piece of history". Why use an outdated component? I would use a 350/355 over these pumps any day. Like I said, these fuckers are loud. Hell, I can hear the pump over top of an old-ass AT PSU that is powering it. You can barely hear a 350/355. I think they will stay on the shelf. Not something I feel comfortable putting in a client machine. If I am questioning it, it has no place in this build. Fuck, I just put an order in at ncix. I guess I get to eat some shipping.
I do not have a clue for what these pumps were for originally.

This is good feedback though and it is appreciated.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #43
bmaverick
Liquid

Arrow

Quote:
Yes, the pumps are wired the same way as the Intel ATX specification shows for typical 3- and 4- wired fans. These pumps have the BLACK connector. Martin's link has the WHITE connector and the wiring is different.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #44
bmaverick
Liquid

Arrow

Bumpity about pumps pumps pumps

Old 04-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #45
Jimador48
Air-Cooler

Pump came in today, going to set it up in the loop tomorrow
Jimador48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
bmaverick
Liquid

Bump about pumps. Think pumps, think WCing.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #47
bmaverick
Liquid

Guess what, I have pumps. Need to WC, drop me a PM.

Also, for those looking for pumps that are sound mechanically, but need a new PCB with the DIYINHK mod, I have a few now for $15 each shipped in the USA.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #48
bmaverick
Liquid

A bump about pumps.

Summer is here, systems need cooling, pumps are the heart of a WCing loop.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #49
bmaverick
Liquid

Needing to WC the computer, the home entertainment system or in need of an indoor pond pump? The DDC-1T is available.

Need to replace that XSPC 750 pump that dies just after warranty? The DDC-1T is available.

I'm still shipping to most places globally.

Today's bump for pumps.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #50
bmaverick
Liquid

Hey all, I've now added a "user gallery" to my WP blog one the DDC pumps. See others who have modded or wired the DDC pumps.

If you had acquired a pump or two from me in the past, I'd like to share and display your pump in the "user gallery".

And ...

Yes, I still have pumps to offer. lol Like that isn't something new.

Tags
bmaverick, ddc, deal, for sale, laing, mcp350, pump